Data Engineer / Data Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
THE HELLA GUTMANN PROMISE
Curiosity is our driving force. We do know and understand the vehicle like no other. Our vast store of knowledge is neither limited to brands and models nor to technology. We are interconnecting this knowledge intelligently so that our customers worldwide are able to use it in combination with practicable products and services.
Our main product range features professional equipment for automotive workshops, car dealerships and automotive testing agencies. With about 500 employees and our head office in Ihringen near Freiburg im Breisgau we belong to the Hella Gutmann Group which is a corporation of the HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
Hella Gutmann is the birthplace of a whole host of good ideas that bring that little bit of extra success to vehicle workshops across the globe every single day. Getting this innovative strength on the road requires a strong team – and you can be part of it. Find out more about us and fast-track your career with Hella Gutmann.
We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer to strengthen our newly formed international Data Management Team. This team enables data exchange between Hella Gutmann’s data sourcing entities and data consuming products and services, and makes sure data is available, quality approved and up to date. This role has an outsized impact on the organization: the effectiveness of data platform enables greater digital products portfolio and effects company revenue directly.
DEMONSTRATE YOUR POTENTIAL AND JOIN US TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF THE DIGITAL WORKSHOP
- You design our cloud-based data platform, monitor and improve the overall performance and stability of the system.
- You develop, customize, and manage integration tools, databases, and data access solutions in agile product environment.
- You develop reliable, scalable and maintainable pipelines to bring data to central data storage in cloud.
- You make sure quality assured and modeled data can be easily discovered and accessed by applications or services.
THE REASONS WHY YOU ARE THE RIGHT FIT FOR OUR COMPANY
- Background in data engineering (ETL, data modelling, foundation in relational as well as document-oriented databases) with an interest in the product side.
- Initial experience in AWS stack, with focus on serverless architecture.
- Proficiency in one of OOP programming languages, preferred Python.
- You believe in automated testing, continuous integration, infrastructure as code, SLOs, and other SRE best practices.
- Strong desire to learn and the ability to take ownership are essential.
- You communicate effectively in English.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING TO MAKE YOUR EVERYDAY WORK EVEN MORE ENJOYABLE
- Interesting tasks, innovative products and great colleagues
- An open and cooperative business culture with direct and friendly communication and cooperation
- Development measures and further education that is tailored to you personally
- A safe workplace in a continuously growing company
- Modern infrastructure at the workplace
- "Eldercare": care program for relatives
- Employee discounts
- and much more
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
For any questions please contact Arkadius Birkner at 07668/9900-1995.